Casa Grau is located right in the heart of the historic centre of Xàbia, a cozy restaurant which offers a traditional yet modern cuisine based on the use of seasonal produce offering gourmet quality at an affordable price. It is dining at its best with chef-owner Quique García developing a menu with something for everyone from paella and rices to fresh fish and tasty meat.
Self-taught chef Quique García had a dream of opening his own restaurant in his home town. When a unit which had for more than a century been a storeroom of a knitting shop became available, that dream became a reality. He developed an idea based on old 19th-century Parisian bistros and created a restaurant with the aim of offering diners traditional cuisine to enjoy, looked after by a great professional team.
Chef Quique says that he owes everything to his mother who gave to him his passion to cook. He loves traditional cuisine, the basis of all his dishes, something he learnt from his mother and he believes that the simplest dishes are the richest.
Casa Grau offers tasty traditional paellas and rices, which are also available to take away, as well as barbecue dishes from their charcoal oven.
Reservation is essential, especially during the busier summer months and if you want to dine ‘al-fresco’ under the white lights that have been stretched across the street which add something special to the ambience.
And now you can book via the new online reservation system click here.
Available for groups and special occasions, ask for details
Chef Quique’s Recipes To Try Yourself
- Coques – the traditional ‘coca’, the original pizza!
- Croquetas de Jamón “Casa Grau” – Chef’s tasty ham croquettes
- Tortilla de Patatas – the iconic Spanish omelette.
- Gambas al Ajillo con Jengibre – mouth-watering garlic prawns in ginger
- Arroz al Horno – a tasty oven-baked rice dish.
- Mona de Pascua – the traditional Easter cake.
- Paella Valenciana – the popular regional rice dish.
- Homemade Pickles
- Combinaet Chulvi – a unique pork and potato dish.
- Puchero – the traditional winter warmer
- Albondigas – tasty meatballs in a tomato salsa
You can watch Quique preparing recipes on his YouTube channel (in Spanish) click here to cook along with Quique and subscribe to keep updated when new videos are uploaded. They are also available on the Casa Grau Facebook Page.
Please mention javeamigos.com when visiting Casa Grau.Price Range: €€€Dogs: On Terrace Only
- Carrer Major, 16 - Xàbia Històrica
Telephone: 96 579 27 56Email: email@example.com
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
TAPAS to share
- Roast octopus with paprika potatoes and sea fennel mayo
- Fresh local cuttlefish noodles with Xàbia sauce and shellfish cream
- Classic meatballs with Amparito sauce
- Homemade Iberian ham croquettes
- Homemade prawn and chard croquettes (traditional Jávea recipe)
- Garlic prawns
- Fish and chips with tartare sauce
- Combinaet Chulvi - potatoes and pork with a spicy sauce
- Vegetable and King prawn tempura with soy sauce
- Foie Mi-cuit marinated in Mistela with almonds, toast and homemade jam
- Mackerel in light citric pickle
- Patatas Bravas - puffed crunchy layered potatoes with hot sauce
- Txogitxu beef fillet steak tartare
- "Winning" potato and onion tortilla
SALADS AND COQUES
- RiuRau salad - rocket, sun dried tomatoes, pine nuts, Mahon cheese, raisins from Gata, basil pesto and parsley (vegan cheese available)
- Bistro salad - mixed leaves with tomato, egg, salted dried fish and pickles
- Burrata - with mozzarella, tomato, olive tapenade and basil and apple pesto
- Typical Xàbia Coques (3) with peppers and aubergine ratatouille, onion and paprika and olive oil and anchovy
- Selection of homemade sourdough bread with alioli, fresh grated tomato and olives
RICE AND PAELLA
Minimum order 2 people. Served at lunchtime or between 7pm and 9pm in the evening. Also available for take away
- Mixed paella with chicken, vegetables and seafood
- Paella Valenciana with chicken, rabbit and vegetables
- Cod and cauliflower paella
- Vegetable paella with natural vegetable broth
- Arroz A Banda with seafood
- Arroz Meloso - Sticky rice with lobster and young garlic
- Arroz al Horno - Baked rice
- Fideua - fine noodles with fresh local monkfish
FROM THE SEA
All the fish that is served raw is previously frozen at -20 ºC
With the fish fresh from Xàbia port market, they can prepare a stew, fried, grilled, in saltcrust or even in the Barbecue oven.
Ask the staff, visit the display and discover what is available.
- Fish and prawn green curry with basmati rice
- Fresh fish and shellfish stew
- Charcoal grilled seabass with cauliflower cous-cous and vegetables
- Cod Confit with spinach and tomato, caper and black olive tartar
- Fresh grilled salmon with Mediterranean citrus emulsion, vegetables and pumpkin and potato puree
- Snapper with garlic and chilli sauce with a touch of vinegar
FROM THE FARM
Cooked in the wood oven
- 180gr Beef tenderloin with potatoes, grilled onion and red pepper
- 250gr premium beef entrecote with potatoes, grilled onions and red pepper
- Lamb chops with potatoes, grilled onions and red pepper
- Slow cooked Roast lamb shoulder with potatoes, grilled onions and red pepper
- BANH MI - Vietnamese roll with pork fillet cooked at low temperature, pickles, Sriracha mayo and coriander with chips
Sauces: pepper or mushroom
- Bread, olive oil, salt and chocolate
- Super creamy cheesecake with fruits of the forest
- Valencian Tiramisu with fartons and horchata
- Apple tart flower with vanilla ice-cream
- Seasonal fruit
- Homemade ice-cream