Chef Quique García of CASA GRAU provides another of a series of simple recipes for you to try at home – the popular pork dish known as ‘Combinaet Chulvi’.
Chef Quique explains: “Combinaet Chulvi” is a recipe created by Paquita, the wife of Señor Chulvi. However, when we were young, when my friend José and I would go to what used to be Bar Chulvi, we would say: “Are we going to have a plate of ‘Al Chulvi’?”
- 150g of potatoes, peeled and sliced into sticks
- 100g of pork loin
- 200ml of olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- Heat the olive oil in a deep frying pan and add the potatoes, first over medium-low heat, and then over high heat.
- While the potatoes are cooking, we take a mortar and mash the garlic, the cayenne and, finally, the paprika.
- When the fried potatoes are cooked, remove from the pan and drain the excess oil using absorbent paper and then, in the same oil in which the potatoes have been cooked, we add it to the garlic and spice mix along with the rest of the ingredients.
- Then, in the same pan, we mark the previously seasoned pork loin on both sides, remove it and cut it into strips. Finally, we add the pork over the potatoes and spoon over the sauce from the mortar we have made with a spoon.
RELATED LINK: Restaurant Directory – Casa Grau