Bang Bang Burger is offering a special burger for this exclusive competition, now celebrating its fourth edition.

The competition to find the best burger in Spain returns for its fourth edition this month and Xàbia restaurant BANG BANG BURGER are aiming to claim the top spot amongst 350 establishments which will be participating this year, the only restaurant in the Marina Alta region to do so.

The restaurant, located in Avenida d’Ausias March, is submitting “La Bambola Burger” for consideration as the top burger in the country. Inspired by traditional Mediterranean cuisine as a ode to the Mediterranean woman, it consists of 160 grams of rib roast burger, rocket, fried eggplant sauce with pesto, sautéed cherry tomatoes and parmesan flakes to give an intense taste.

Between February 1st and March 3rd, the public can vote for the best burger using this website, using the QR code that will be provided by the candidate on ordering (in this case, Bang Bang Burger) to enter the voting section of the website and then the single-use alphanumeric code linked to the restaurant. This aims to ensure that only those who have tasted the burgers can vote on them.

Of the total votes, 60% will be made up of customer votes whilst the remaining 40% will be made up by the votes of the inspectors who will visit the restaurants on behalf of the organisers. The finalists will attend a special event where their burgers will be sampled by a jury of gastronomic professionals who will select the three best. In addition, the three best hamburger in each autonomous community (such as the Comunidad Valenciana) will be announced.

Finally, all voters will be entered into a draw to win €500, which increases to €1,000 if you follow the competition on Facebook and Instagram.

The best burger of 2023 was won by Burger Food Porn in Sevilla, a Double Cheese and Bacon which offered a patty made from 45-day matured Galician beef and served with cheddar cheese, fried egg and chistorra sauce, and smoked crispy bacon in between a brioche bun.