Friday 9th April 2021 | Translation by MIKE SMITH
This is a translation into English of the Official Gazette of the Generalitat Valenciana (DOGV) Number 9057, published on Friday 9th April 2021, which details the measures that have been modified and take effect from Monday 12th April.
Presidency of the Generalitat
DECREE 12/2021, of April 8, of the President of the Generalitat, which determines the measures to limit the gathering of groups of people in public and private spaces and to limit movement, for the period between April 12 and 25, 2021. [2021/3660]
First Article: Limitation of the gathering of groups of people in public and private spaces and in places of worship.
- A maximum of six people can gather in a group in public spaces, both indoors and outdoors, except for those people who live together and without prejudice to the exceptions provided for in paragraph 3.
- In private homes and spaces, both indoors and outdoors, family and social gatherings are limited to two social bubbles or coexisting groups, without prejudice to the exceptions provided in paragraph 3.
- The following exceptions apply:
a) Non-professional activities related to upbringing and care, such as care and accompaniment of children, elderly people, those who are dependent on others, with disabilities, or in a situation of special vulnerability.
b) The alternate co-existence of children with their parents or non-cohabitating parents between them.
c) The foster care of minors.
d) People with a marriage or partner relationship who lived at different addresses.
e) People who live alone may join with another social bubble, provided that they are the only single person who joins it.
- Also exempted are work, institutional and transport activities included in the limitations set out in paragraphs 1 and 2 as well as those of educational centres that provide specific teaching referred to in Article 3 of the Constitutional Law on Education, including university education, and those activities for which specific measures are established in the applicable regulations.
- Gatherings in places of worships for religious meetings, celebrations or other reasons, such as wedding ceremonies and other specific religious celebrations, are limited to 50% of normal capacity, provided that a minimum interpersonal distance of 1.5 metres can be guaranteed. The maximum capacity must be displayed in a prominent place and the general health and safety health protocols established by the health authorities must be complied with.
Second Article: Limitations on Movement
- Perimeter Closure: The entry to and exit from the Comunidad Valenciana is limited to those who can duly justify their movement with any of the following reasons:
a) To attend health centres, services, and similar establishments.
b) For work, professional, business, institutional and legal obligations.
c) To attend university or teaching and education centres, including primary schools.
d) To return to the normal place of residence.
e) To attend and care for the elderly, children, dependents, people with disabilities and especially vulnerable people.
f) To travel to financial or insurance entities or fuel supply stations in neighbouring territories.
g) For required or urgent actions before public, judicial or notarial bodies.
h) To renew permits and official documentation, as well as attend to other administrative procedures that cannot be postponed.
i) To take official exams or tests that cannot be postponed.
j) To attend federated and official sports competitions (athletes, coaches, judges or referees) which had been duly accredited by a sport license or federation certificate.
k) Due to force majeure or a situation of necessity.
l) Any other activity of a similar nature that is duly accredited.
Movement through the Comunidad Valenciana itself is not subject to any restrictions.
- Night Curfew: The freedom of movement of people within the Comunidad Valenciana is limited at night between 10.00pm and 6.00am to the following activities:
a) To purchase medicines, health products and other essential goods.
b) To attend health centres, services, and similar establishments.
c) To attend veterinary care centres for emergency reasons.
d) For work, professional, business, institutional and legal obligations.
e) To return to the usual place of residence after having carried out some of the activities provided in this section.
f) To attend and care for the elderly, children, dependents, people with disabilities and especially vulnerable people.
g) To carry out hunting activities linked to the population control of game species that can cause damage to ecosystems, agriculture and livestock as well as road safety.
h) Due to force majeure or a situation of necessity.
i) Any other activity of a similar nature that is duly accredited.
j) To refuel at gas stations or service stations, when necessary to carry out the activities set out in the preceding paragraphs.
Period of Validity
This decree will take effect at 00:00 on Monday 12th April 12th and remain in place until 23:59 on Sunday 25th April 2021.
NOTE: Other measures which have been in place since the last modification remain in place, such as the compulsory wearing of face masks, the capacities and closing times of bars and restaurants (although limits of the number of people who can sit at a table or groups of tables will be increased to six people from Monday 12th April), and the protocols for shops, gyms and other sports facilities.
DOGV Num. 9057 / 09.04.2021 – Decreto 12/2021