Valid 00:00 Saturday 10th July until 23:59 Sunday 25th July.
Bars and restaurants may open their terraces to full capacity with a limit of ten people per table or groups of tables, and their interior spaces up to 50% with a limit of six people per table or groups of tables. They may remain open until 12.30am, although they cannot accept new customers after midnight.
El Gaucho is a popular restaurant set in a stunning rural location dominated by the steep cliffs of the Montgó massif rising above it. It has become renowned for its excellent menu, particularly its fantastic cuts of meats grilled perfectly on a wood-fired barbeque, and for its friendly ambiance, including regular live music to kick off the weekend. Thanks to its log fires, the venue is warm and comfortable during the cooler winter months but when the temperatures rise there is a spacious patio for ‘al fresco’ dining with great views of the Montgó.
The bright white building has a unique character with its high central tower topped by a small dome making it unmistakable as you drive along the Carretera de Jesús Pobre. There is plenty of parking in front of the restaurant or alongside in Calle Tobago.
Inside the building there is a modest welcoming bar with its unique saddle-shaped bar stools, perfect to enjoy a pre-dinner drink before moving into the main dining area. This spacious high-ceiling room is dominated by a wonderful mural of a ‘gaucho’ in full flow at one end where there is also the wood-fired barbecue on which a wide range of fantastic cuts of meats are grilled. Upstairs on the mezzanine there is the Galeria Gaucho, a regularly-changing art gallery which showcases the work of local artists and photographers. Through the archway at the far end, there is an extension of the dining area, a modest room tucked away with a large fireplace and low vaulted ceiling.
The menu is dominated by meat. The hot starters include barbecue creole sausages, barbecued Iberian Pork, round paprika Navarra sausages, roasted green pepper filled with minced beef and vegetables, deep-fired South American pasties filled with beef and potatoes and much more to warm up the tastebuds. The main courses include succulent mature Galician beef steaks, Argentine short cut ribs, baby pampero chicken, roasted lamb shoulders, grilled lamb chops and their specialities which include Andalucian oxtail, the Texas Steak and grilled vegetable kebabs. And there is also fish dishes including seabream fillets wrapped in banana leaves and swordfish. And to finish don’t forget to try its renowned cheesecake served with Greek yoghurt ice-cream and Fruits of the Forest sauce.
RSERVATION IS RECOMMENDED especially at the weekend and during the busier summer months.
Please mention javeamigos.com when visiting El Gaucho
- Calle Tobago, 1
03730 Jávea (Alicante)
Telephone: 966 46 13 38Email: email@example.com
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
- Melon, Mango and Iberian Ham Salad
- Salmon, Avocado and Smoked Trout Salad
- Avocado, Shrimp and Mango Salad with Dried Tomato and Basil Dressing
- Beef Carpaccio with Parmesan, Rocket and Pine Nits
- Tomato & Mozzarella Salad with Dried Tomato and Pine Nut Dressing
- Foie Gras with Quince and Toast
- Iberian Ham
- Cheese Platter
- Goat's Cheese and Duck Ham Salad with Yoghurt and Mint Dressing
- Deep-Fried South American Pasties with Spicy Guacamole
- Grilled Criole Sausages
- Grilled Secreto Pork
- Spicy El Gaucho Chicken Wings
- Grilled Spicy Chorizo & Pork
- Baked Veal-Stuffed Tomatoes with Mozarella Gratin
- Breaded Camembert with Tomato Jam
- Meatballs in Pepper Sauce
- Thau Curry Mussels
- Homemade Croquettes
- Beef Stew with Vegetables and Mushrooms (not summer)
- Padrón Peppers with Black Salt (Spicy)
- Baked Provolone
- T-Bone Steak
- Mature Galician Beef
- Beef Fillet steak
- Cowboy Steak (Beef Sirloin)
- Beef Sirloin Steak
- Beef Rib Eye Steak
- Lamb Chops
- Typical Argentine Cut of Beef Short Ribs (Churrasco)
- Andalucian Oxtail
- Texas Steak (Sirloin served with Bacon and Fried Egg)
- Lamb Shoulder served with a Guinness Beer, Honey and Plum reduction
- Beef and Vegetables Skewer
- Grilled Spicy Chorizo and Pork
- Chicken and Vegetable Skewer
- Sea Bream Fillet wrapped in Banana Leaves
- Grilled Salmon with Red Fruit Reduction
- Breaded Cod in Spinach and Garlic
- Tortelini with Cherry Tomato, Basil and Garlic Sauce
- Vegetable Biryani
SOMETHING FOR THE KIDS
- Chicken Nuggets and Chips
- Meatballs and Chips
- Grilled Pork Medalion
- Hamburger with Cheese and Bacon
- Chocolate Brownie and Nuts with Vanilla Ice Cream
- Pumpkin, Almond and Raisin Tart
- Cheesecake with Greek Yoghurt and Fruits of the Forest Sauce
- American Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Volcano with Vanilla Ice Cream
- Whisky Cake
- Creole Ice Cream (Vanilla and Turron covered with Rum)
- Lemon Sorbet with Cava
- Ice Cream (Vanilla, Chocolate or Strawberry) with Cream
- Pine Carpaccio with Coconut Ice Cream
Absolutely superb restaurant, excellent food, fabulous traditional building and attentive professional staff. Absolutely our favourite restaurant.
Love Gauchos. Superb steaks great staff.