MATCH REPORT | UD Calpe 2-2 CD Jávea

The Marina Alta derby finished all square in an enjoyable game between the two sides on a very cold late afternoon.

Monday 23rd January 2023
Mike Smith with Xàbia AL DÍA

CD Jávea went three games unbeaten after a 2-2 draw against UD Calpe, the match played in Benissa due to work being carried out on the municipal stadium in Calp. Two goals from Adrián Ramis secured a share of the spoils on a chilly later afternoon.

Head coach was forced to make one major change to his side with ever-present goalkeeper Tonet was forced to sit out the game due to suspension after picking up his fifth caution during the home win against UD Canals last week. His position between the sticks was taken by reserve keeper Aaron Rebelles, making his first league start of the season. Experienced midfielder Adrián Ramis also made his first start since early December and he proved to be a vital piece in the story of the match.

UD Calpe are now led by former CD Jávea head coach Lauro Techeira, who left the rojiblancos at the end of last season after guiding them to a 10th finish. Both sides started strong and it was the hosts who almost opened the scoring early in the game but a great save from Aaron prevented the opportunity from becoming the first goal of the game. And it was Jávea who would claim it, Ramis knocking the ball home on 13 minutes when a shot from Luis García deflected off a defender.

The goal lifted Ivorra’s men and they dominated possession for a long period of the rest of the first half, almost doubling the advantage through José Cabo but his shot flew just wide of the goal. At the other end, Calpe’s Meji had an opportunity to equalise but his effort was well saved by Aaron. The home side pushed hard as the minutes ticked away towards the break and received reward for their efforts when some great from Xavi saw his shot from the edge of the area beat Aaron to make it 1-1 at half-time.

The second half began in the same tempo and Calpe went ahead on 51 minutes through Granados who pounced on to a long ball from Meji and slid the ball past the advancing keeper to make it 2-1. Jávea responded almost immediately and the game was back on level terms on 55 minutes through Ramis who finished off a great move from skipper Aldo.

Both sides fought hard to force a winner. Calpe’s Arthur hit the post, a shot from Jávea’s Cabo skimmed just wide of the post before Luis García forced the Calpe keeper Cassius into pushing a long shot from outside the area wide for a corner.

An exciting game was marred by a clash between Cassius and young defender Raúl which forced the referee to stop the game for eight minutes whilst the player was treated by both physios from both sides until an ambulance arrived and took him to hospital. At the time of writing, the player is under observation pending tests.

The referee ended the game at 2-2, a share of the spoils. Next weekend, CD Jávea host CD Dénia in the final Marina Alta derby of the game.

Original Article: Calpe y Jávea empatan en un buen partido de los dos equipos


Cassius, Arthur, Raúl, Meji, David, Jose María, Paolo (Guille, 71m), Andrei, Omar, Xavi, Kevin (Chaca, 71m).

Subs not used: Hernandez (GK), El Meziati, Imaña, Mosquera.

Head Coach: Lauro Techeira


Aarón, Joan, Caturla, Paco, Aldo, Marcos, Javi, Ramis (Carlos, 56m), Cabo (Toni, 85m), Luis, Borja (Rubén, 65m).

Subs not used: Sergio (GK), Mario, Elian, Buigues.

Head Coach: Julio Ivorra