Thursday 24th March 2022 – Mike Smith
Source: original article – Alicante Plaza
The tender process for the contract for the new bus services linking the Marina Alta and Marina Baja to Alicante has attracted three offers to take on the 32 million euro ten-year contract.
According to information analysed by Alicante Plaza, the offers have been presented by Unión de Benisa SA, by Bus Madrid Almería SL, and by a temporary consortium (UTE) consisting of Autocares Alicante SL, Terramar SLU, Aracil Bus SL, Autocares Benissa SL, Luis Juan SL, Autocarés Francés SL, Autos GAL 1985 SL, Medel Orozco Tours SL, Autocares Grupo Benidorm SLU, Fermín López e Hijos SL, Autocares Arabai SL and Tarraga Montalban Bus SL.
The details of the new services are as follows:
- LÍNEA 1 will link Benidorm bus station directly with Alicante-Elche Airport.
- LÍNEA 2 will link Benidorm bus station with the ADIF train station and the bus station in Alicante.
- LÍNEA 3 will link Benidorm, La Vila Joiosa, Alicante University (El Campello on non-school days) and the city of Alicante.
- LÍNEA 4 will link Calp, Altea and L’Alfás del Pi with Alicante and Alicante-Elche Airport.
- LÍNEA 5 will link Callosa d’en Sarrià, Polop and La Nucia with Alicante.
- LÍNEA 6 will link Dénia, Pedreguer and Gata de Gorgos with Alicante and Alicante-Elche Airport.
- LÍNEA 7 will link Xàbia, El Poble Nou de Benitatxell, Teulada and Benissa with Alicante and Alicante-Elche Airport.
- LÍNEA CV-201 La Marina Alta will link Dénia, Gata de Gorgos, Xàbia, Teulada, Benissa, Calp, Orba and Pedreguer in a circular route. Click here for more information on this service.
The two busiest lines will be Línea 1, which connects Benidorm with the airport, which will have 30 services a day in winter, increasing to 38 during the summer season whilst Línea 2 will have 18 services a day between the Benidorm and the city of Alicante throughout the year.