Tuesday 25th May 2021 – PRESS RELEASE with Mike Smith
Everything to set to start mass vaccination against COVID-19 in Xàbia this week. Mayor José Chulvi and councillor Rita Berruti (Health) visited the multipurpose room in the Portal del Clot municipal buildings this morning, a facility that has been configured and prepared to administer about 700 jabs per day.
The vaccination point benefits from two car-parks in vicinity, one next to the bus station some 150m away whilst the facility actually sits on top of an underground car-park from where people with mobility issues can make use of the lift to ascend to the vaccination point whilst wheelchairs will also be made available on request at the checkpoint.
- Check the day and time on receipt of the SMS text message on your mobile phone to be absolutely certain of your appointment details.
- Check the SMS details for the SIP number to ensure that the appointment is for you and not for another member of your family.
- Do not attend the facility if you don’t have an appointment.
- It is advised that comfortable and loose clothing is worn to make the administration of the jab easier.
- Make sure you bring your SIP card.
- Do not attend the facility if you have symptoms of COVID-19.
At the Vaccination Point
- Observe the necessary safety precautions at all times: remember social distancing and wear a face mask at all times.
- Inform the healthcare professional of any disease, allergy or special condition that you have.
- You will be required to wait at least 15 minutes after receiving the vaccine, or at least 30 minutes if you have a history of allergies, in case you have a reaction to the jab.
- Once you have received the vaccine, remember that you must continue to comply with all the necessary safety precautions in order to protect yourself and others.
Possible Side Effects
- Pain in the arm around the puncture zone where the jab was administered.
- Mild Fever
- Muscle or Joint Pain