SATURDAY 15th JULY
Presentación de las Fiestas – Presentation
- 19:45 – PARADE through the streets of the port to collect the representatives of the filaes who will be participating in the presentation from their bases. On arrival in Avenida Jaime I, a rocket will be fired to announce the start of the fiestas and the fiesta lights will be switched on.
- 20:30 – COMPLEMENTARY WINE offered by the Filà Captain ALMORISCOS in Calle Doctor Fleming.
- 21:30 – PRESENTATION of the fiestas of the Moors and Christians 2022 in the Avenida Lepanto attended by municipal and fiesta representatives; the Pregonera will be the actress INMA SANCHO.
- After the presentation, music and dancing with Orquesta LA VIVA until 04:00.
SUNDAY 16th JULY
- 12:00 – Charanga through the streets of the port, organised by Filà Schaitans.
- 20:30 – XVIIII FIESTA MUSIC CONCERT in Avenida Lepanto, performed by the musicians of the Centre Artistic Musical de Xàbia (separate programme).
MONDAY 17th JULY
- 21:00 – VISIT TO THE ARENAL BEACH. Parade along the Paseo del Tenista David Ferrer. At the end of the parade, there will be some fireworks. Afterwards, snacks and drinks for all the members of the Filaes who took part, offered by Restaurante La Fontana
TUESDAY 18th JULY
- 20:00 – VISIT TO THE HISTORIC CENTRE. Parade through the old town (Avenida Príncipe de Asturias, Placeta del Convent, Calle Virgen de la Merced, Calle El Foguerer and Carrer del Ravalet / San Jaime) for an offering of flowers to the niche of the fiesta patron Sant Jaume, followed by some fireworks.
WEDNESDAY 19th JULY
Ofrenda de Flores – The Flower Offering
- 20:00 – FLOWER OFFERING to Sant Jaume. The parade will start in Arcada Pio X and will follow the route Calle Santísimo Cristo del Mar, Calle Andrés Lambert, Avenida Jaime I, Plaza Presidente Adolfo Suarez and Calle La Caleta to arrive at the port church. During this same act, there will be a donation of food on behalf of the Filaes and Junta de Festes to CÁRITAS.
- 22:30 – PAELLA COMPETITION in Calle Sevilla between all the Filaes. The products will be donated by Supermercado SUMA. The evening will be enlivened by music from a Xaranga. There will be prizes for the three best paellas. Afterwards, Filà Contrabandistes and Filà Almoradins will offer tasting of vermuth and anis.
- 23:00 – Filà Capitan Almoriscos will offer gin tasting for all festeros in Calle Sevilla.
- 01:00 – Informal Entrance of the Moros i Cristians through the streets of the port , accompanied by the music of the charangas to visit the different barracks of the troops.
THURSDAY 20th JULY
Desembarco – Landing of the Moors
- 12:00 – Charanga through the streets of the port, organised by Filà Almoriscos and Filà Contrabandistes.
- 21:00 – GATHERING of Christian troops on the Playa de la Grava to face the landing of Moorish troops.
- 21:30 – LANDING OF THE MOORS. A recreation of the arrival of Muslim troops from the sea, accompanied by deafening gunfire from blunderbusses. Performed by LEGEND. Collaboration with the Traditional Boat Association.
- 22:00 – MOORISH AMBASSADOR and SURRENDER of the castle in Paseo Jaime I.
- 23:00 – Live music at the barracks of Filà Almoriscos with Orquesta la Tripulación with a gift of Agua de Valencia for all.
- 00:00 – Journey around the different barracks by the members of the Filaes and the public in general with music provided by a Xaranga band, starting at the base of Filà Almoradins in Calle Doctor Fleming.
FRIDAY 21st JULY
Reconquista – Reconquest by the Christians
- 12:00 – Charanga through the streets of the port, organised by Filà Almoradins.
- 17:00 – XXVIII TROFEO PEPE PRATS Valencian Pilota between the different Filaes that will be disputed in Calle Virgen de Loreto.
- 21:00 – BATTLE WITH BLUNDERBUSS between the Christians and the Moors on the Playa de la Grava.
- 21:30 – CHRISTIAN AMBASSADOR and RECONQUEST of the castle in Paseo Jaime I by the Christian troops. Performed by Legend.
- 22:30 – DISCO Aibux & Bup in the sports playground next to Calle Manuel Bordes Vallés.
- 00:00 – Live music with Orquesta SWEET SOULZ organised by Filà Capitana Almoriscos in Calle Doctor Fleming.
SATURDAY 22nd JULY
Desfile de Gala – First Gala Parade
- 09:30 – Children’s Water Games in Paseo Jaime I.
- 10:00 – Ice creams and milkshakes offered by the Moors and Christians standard bearers in Paseo Jaime I.
- 11:45 – Parade with Filà Capitana ALMORISCOS, the standards bearers and organising committee to visit the different barracks of the filaes. Aftewards, the Filà Capitana ALMORISCOS will offer shots in honour of Manu Bustos at its barracks in Calle Doctor Fleming.
- 19:30 – Entrance of the Bands in Avenida Jaime I.
- 20:00 – Gala Parade with the participation of all the Filaes, the Moors and Christians standard bearers, and the Filà Captain ALMORISCOS, supported by all the music bands.
- 23:30 – Macro Discomóvil with X-PAM SHOW in Paseo Pintor Joaquin Sorolla, until 04:00.
SUNDAY 23rd JULY
Desfile de Gala – Second Gala Parade
- 11:30 – Gathering at the barrack of Filà Capitana Almoriscos before a procession through the streets of the port, accompanied by the standard bearers, to the parish church of Nuestra Señora Virgen de Loreto.
- 12:00 – Celebration of Mass in honour of San Jaime and in memory of those who have passed away.
- 13:00 – Charanga through the streets of the port, organised by Filà Contrabandistes and Filà Trabuquers.
- 18:30 – Entrance of the music bands. In Paseo Jaime I, all the bands will play the Pasadole ‘XÀBIA’ together, directed by Miriam Llerena Martín.
- 19:00 – GALA PARADE with the participation of all the Filaes, the Moors and Christians standard bearers, and the Filà Captain ALMORISCOS, who will close the parade with a grand procession.
- Afterwards, a nocturnal mascletà on the Playa de la Grava.
The DISCO and XARANGAS will finish at 04:00.
The JUNTA DE FESTES DE MOROS I CRISTIANS DE XÀBIA reserves the right to modify, cancel or change any act in this programme as well as the timings or itineraries of said acts.