Monday 25th January 2021 | MIKE SMITH
A new decree issued by the President of the Generalitat Valenciana further restricts social interactions in public and private places and limits movement in larger municipalities in the region. We have translate the three-page document, published on DOGV this morning, which has the following information:
DECREE 2/2021, of January 24, of the President of the Generalitat, by which the gathering of groups of people in public and private spaces is limited, the restriction of the entry into and the exit from the territory of the Comunidad Valenciana is extended, and limits, during weekends and holidays, the entry to and exit from municipalities and groups of municipalities with a population greater than 50,000 inhabitants.
The extreme gravity of the current epidemiological situation, both in terms of the number of infections and the occupancy rate of the hospitals of the Comunidad Valenciana and, especially, of its ICU beds, requires reviewing the regulations on this matter, to reduce as much as possible social interaction outside the coexistence unit, within the framework established by Royal Decree 926/2020.
Likewise, given the seriousness of the epidemiological situation, it is necessary to extend the restriction of entry to and exit from the Comunidad Valenciana, and additionally, limit, during weekends and holidays, the entry to and exit from municipalities with a population of more than 50,000 people.
The measures contained in this decree are in accordance with the guidelines of the World Health Organization and are considered, according to the severity of the current epidemiological and healthcare data, proportional, necessary and justified measures for the protection of the rights to the life, physical integrity and health of the entire population and, especially, of the most vulnerable people, in order to reduce the numerous outbreaks of infections that occur in family and social gatherings, alleviate the care pressure suffered the health system and avoid the loss of lives, all of them irreplaceable.
First Article. Limitation of the gathering of groups of people in public and private spaces.
The third section of Decree 19/2020, of December 5, of the President of the Generalitat is modified, which is worded as follows:
1. In spaces of public use, both closed and outdoors, the gathering of groups of people cannot exceed a maximum of two people, except in the case of people living together and without prejudice to the exceptions provided.
2. In homes and spaces for private use, both indoors and outdoors, only family and social gatherings of people belonging to the same nucleus or coexistence group (“living together in the same household”) are allowed, without prejudice to the exceptions provided.
3. The following situations are excepted from the restrictions established in the previous sections:
a. Non-professional activities related to upbringing and care, such as care and accompaniment of minors and elderly people in a situation of dependency, with impaired mobility, or in a situation of special vulnerability.
b. The alternate living situation of children with their parents or non-cohabiting parents.
c. The foster care of minors in any of their types.
d. The meeting of people with a marriage or partner relationship who live in different addresses.
e. People who live alone, who may form part of “social bubble” with another household to form an extended bubble. This bubble can only integrate one single person living alone, it cannot include any other people and it must remain exclusive for the entire period of the measures.
4. Not included in the restrictions provided for in sections 1 and 2 are work activities, institutional activities, transport activities and those of the educational centres that impart the teachings referred to in article 3 of the Organic Law of Education, including the university education, nor those activities for which specific measures are established in the applicable regulations.
Second Article: Movement Limitations
1. The limitation of entry to and exit from the Comunidad Valenciana is extended until 23:59 on Monday 15th February 2021, which continues to restricted movement to properly justified trips in accordance with the provisions of the second section of Decree 15/2020, of October 30, of the President of the Generalitat, by which temporary and exceptional measures are adopted in the Comunidad Valenciana, such as consequence of the health crisis situation caused by Covid-19 and under the protection of the declaration of the state of alarm (DOGV 8940, 10.30.2020), and in the first section, second paragraph, of Decree 16/2020, of 5 of November, of the President of the Generalitat, by which the measure of restriction of entry and exit of people from the territory of the Comunidad Valenciana, adopted in Decree 15/2020, of October 30, of temporary and exceptional measures in the Comunitat Valenciana, as a consequence of the health crisis situation caused by Covid-19 and under the protection of the declaration of the state of alarm, and other measures are adopted (DOGV 8946, 06.11.2020).
2. Additionally, from 15:00 on Friday to 06:00 the following Monday, and from 15:00 on the eve of bank holidays until 15:00 the day after the bank holiday, the entry to and exit from municipalities and groups of municipalities with a population greater than 50,000 inhabitants that appear in the annex, with the same exceptions provided for entering and leaving the Comunidad Valenciana.
Single Article. Validity.
This decree will take effect from its publication in the Official Gazette of the Generalitat Valenciana, until 23:59 on Monday 15th February 2021.
Municipalities and groups of municipalities affected by the limitation of movement during weekends and bank holiday.
Castelló de la Plana
Sant Vicent del Raspeig/San Vicente del Raspeig