javeamigos.com | SHARING A PASSION FOR JAVEA | Click here to return to INDEX

javeamigos.com | INDEXjaveamigos.com | JAVEA - FIESTA GUIDEjaveamigos.com | JAVEA - EATING AND DRINKINGjaveamigos.com | JAVEA - WALKING GUIDEjaveamigos.com | JAVEA - HOLIDAY GUIDE

javeamigos.com | JAVEA - BUSINESS DIRECTORYjaveamigos.com | JAVEA - PAPERWORKjaveamigos.com | SPORT IN JAVEAjaveamigos.com | JAVEA - EVENTS GUIDEjaveamigos.com | ADVERTISE WITH US

javeamigos.com | CUTTING THE RED TAPE | A Rough Guide to Being Part of Javea

javeamigos.com | ADVERTISE WITH US


javeamigos.com | XABIA CASA

javeamigos.com | ADVERTISE WITH US




Registering on the Padrón, the civic municipal list, is not only a legal requirement for those who spend much of their time in Spain but also provides the town hall in Jávea with a population count from which it receives the appropriate funding from central government for its local services such as police, postal service, fire fighting ability and health support; this funding is currently in the region of 200 euros per person. The registered population is 27,604 (2019) but it is thought that the actual population is much higher which means that the municipality could be losing out on as much as 2 million euros in central funding.

How to apply >>

The NIE (Numero de Identificación de Extranjeros - Foreigner Registration Number). is simply a registration legally required for foreigners who have assets in Spain, both residents and non-residents. You need this number for many procedures, including opening a bank account (resident or non-resident), buying a car, even, on occasions, accepting a package through the postal system. The number - usually an 'X' or 'Y' followed by 7 or 8 digits and another letter - is individual and will remain with you.

How to apply >>

EU citizens, including UK nationals, who want to reside in Spain for more than three months must register with the Central Register of Foreign Nationals. After the UK-EU Withdrawal Agreement was signed, there has been a transition period which will last until 31 December 2020 during which UK nationals retain their rights. Once it ends, the rights of residence, work, study and social security will be maintained provided that the national is properly registered as resident in the country. If you have an ID card or green registration certificate, you are registered and are covered by the terms of the Withdrawal Agreement.

How to apply >>




If you plan to live and work legally in Spain and contribute into the system, you need to apply for a social security number in order to qualify for benefits such as public healthcare. This number can be obtained from the Seguridad Social office in Paseo Saladar in Denia.

How to apply >>

If you a SIP number and card, you can make an appointment with your doctor online using this link. Simply enter your SIP number from your card as shown and enter your date of birth in the form of day-month-year, then press [VALIDAR]. Your details (SIP number, name and medical centre) will be displayed in A and B. Check your doctor's name and press [Seleccionar] to select a date and time, etc.

Online Appointment (external link) >>

Contrary to popular belief, getting married in Jávea is neither going to break the bank (we’ve heard ridiculous claims that all the paperwork would cost up to 3,000 euros to get married in Spain!) nor destroy the will to live with mountains of paperwork and insurmountable barriers of bureaucracy. With a little bit of patience and foresight, the procedure is simple enough to leave all your worries for the big day itself.

How we got married in Javea >>



javeamigos.com | DUTY CHEMISTS IN XÀBIAjaveamigos.com | A Guide to Public Buses in Jáveajaveamigos.com | RECYCLING IN JAVEAjaveamigos.com | A GUIDE TO ROTATIONAL PARKING

Share on Tumblr

javeamigos.com | BESIDES THE SEA